Service Organization

A Service Organization is an independent organization licensed by NRCan to use the nationally-recognized EnerGuide Rating System, a standardized home energy performance rating tool.

Service Organizations work with builders and homeowners across Canada in assessing the energy performance and potential energy savings for homes during the design, construction and renovation stage.

While energy advisors and service organizations use NRCan’s official marks, trademarks, and software under a licensing agreement, they operate as independent businesses, and are not agents, partners, or employees of NRCan.

As well, NRCan does not endorse any builder or services of any energy advisor/service organization, or any specific product, and accepts no liability in the selection of builders, materials, products, or performance of workmanship

Learn More about Service Organization

How to become an NRCan-registered Energy Advisor

The designation of energy advisor (EA) registered with Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) means that a person has met and maintained all of the required qualifications to deliver EnerGuide rating services for eligible homes in Canada. 

Service Organizations are responsible for training Energy Advisors, providing field supervision, ensuring quality control and that established procedures are followed, and submitting the corresponding energy model to NRCan.  Only files that are submitted to NRCan can have an EnerGuide Rating System label generated for a particular building.

Service Organizations must also adhere to a strict set of ethics and standards set by Natural Resources Canada, and pass additional exams pertaining to the work they do.

We serve the Island from Victoria to Campbell River and West to Ucluelet and Tofino.







Campbell River

Port Alberni